Wednesday, 1 February 2012

My Bread and Butter Pudding.

Right before I start, Don't laugh I too have a few recipe's tucked away inside of my brain. Here is one of my favourite winter fillers and comfort foods.



You will need

10 slices of medium white bread, Crusts removed.
50g Butter
3-4 tablespoons of Apricot Jam
100g luxury dried mixed fruits
570ml milk
4 Eggs
2 tablespoons of golden castor sugar

=============================

Method

Spread each slice of bread with butter and Apricot Jam and cut into triangles.
Lightly butter an oval oven proof dish or any one as long as the bread fits.
arrange the bread in the dish and spread the mixed fruits as you go, I usually add more sultana's because I like them.

Mix the Egg and the milk together and pour over the bread soaking every part of it if you can,
Leave to stand for between 10 minutes and 30 minutes to allow the milk to soak into the bread completely. ( No longer than 30 minutes)

Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the dish.

"My mouth is watering now just typing this"

Preheat the Oven to 190c Gas mark 5 

Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden. Don't forget if your posh and have a fan oven adjust your cooking time or oven temp by a few degrees.

======================================================

Eating Method

Tucked up under a warm blanket watching a good film.

====================================== 

No comments: